Looking at the week behind 1 day @ a time…..
Good trading is always going back over the trading WEEK and reviewing the setups that may or may not have worked out and what kept you in or perhaps took you out too early. Looking for the trend move and remaining in the trade is the objective. It’s your patience and discipline that will continue to grow as a trader when you implement such tools.
Weekly Total: 45 setups; 2394 Ticks NET ( NQ: 1655 | ES: 183 | YM: 556)
- YM, ES, NQ (RTH)
Additional Focus in Video Outlook/Recaps
- CL, GC, 6E, EMD, 6J, ZS, NG, PL, ZN
It seems to appear that today’s current econ data is nothing more than a flash in the pan number that the market will react slightly to and soon forget. However, when you step back and look at a weeks worth of data, it put’s on an entirely new perspective of the status of the economy.
- Multiple Fed Speakers: “PRUDENCE” over rate hikes. (Markets soar)
- MBA Mortgage Applications: POSITIVE (increase)
- EIA Petroleum Status Report: DRAW – NEGATIVE (increase)
- Jobless Claims: UNCHANGED
- Philadelphia Fed Business Outlook Survey: FLAT
- PPI-FD: POSITIVE Increase
- Retail Sales: NEGATIVE Decrease
- Industrial Production: NEGATIVE Decrease
- Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index: LOW RANGE for 2016
- BOE: RATES UNCHANGED
- Consumer Price Index: POSITIVE FLAT increase
- Consumer Sentiment: LOW END OF RANGE unchanged
Chart of the Week
Looking for the chart of the week means looking for what I call the Golden Setup or simply which chart had the highest probability of price action running in TREND. Whether it ran 20 or 100 ticks, it’s the patience to wait for that setup and trust the entry. This is what I strive each day in the market to wait for in each of my setups.
- Great example of how using the higher time frames, with ALL charts in the GREEN and price action with the 50/144ema CLOUD and T3-50ema, a higher probability of momentum following through in TREND.
- With no change in strategy, just a new look to clearly see what TREND appears like, the ES as seen above on a breakout above the 50/144 cloud overlay of the 1m chart and ALL the charts in sync. I went ahead and hide the color background on the top chart as seen in many of my other posts. I even gave the 50/144 cloud a name – Heikin-OKU. I know nothing original.
- A former post of mine with the top chart background now revealed and the multiple higher time frame moving averages revealed on the chart. As seen above on the NQ, the 50/144ema is not shaded in as it is now on the chart above.
Daily Recap/Outlook Videos:
- NQ: 575 Ticks 224/98/80/33/108)
- YM: 202 Ticks (46/46/72/192/202)
- ES: 80 Ticks (28/38/14)
- NQ: Ticks (20/56/18/14/30/33/80/33/26/21)
- NQ: 358 Ticks (48/24/124/36/58/70)
- NQ: 159 Ticks (92/67)
- ES: 103 Ticks (58/45)
- NQ: 232 Ticks (24/24/0/24/24/0/24/24/24/24/40)
One Simple Strategy. ANY market. ANY chart. ANY time frame.
e-Manual available on teaching this trading strategy and live trading room/screenshare