Looking at the week behind 1 day @ a time…..
Good trading is always going back over the trading day and reviewing the setups that may or may not have worked out and what kept you in or perhaps took you out too early. Looking for the trend move and remaining in the trade is the objective. It’s your patience and discipline that will continue to grow as a trader when you implement such tools.
Market Traded: YM, ES, NQ (RTH)
Weekly Total: 25 setups; 721 Ticks NET ( NQ: 361 | ES: 119 | YM: 241)
Reported as current release and in relation to (previous months data).
- PPI-FD: NEGATIVE (Decrease)
- Retail Sales: FLAT to NEGATIVE (Decrease)
- Business Inventories: POSITIVE (Flat)
- Consumer Sentiment: ABOVE 90 (Increase)
Kenneth Polcari Newsletter Highlights
All of the majors indexes have apparently overcome the recession story, they seem to be discounting weak corp earnings and tepid global growth, BREXIT – what’s that? China? Who cares? and the US? Things could not be better! ……Investors/traders loving the fact that all the major central banks continue to support negative or low global interest rates…….the smart money is now making the decisions for bankers – holding them in check as money is forced into risk assets.
CLICK HERE to read more of his daily newsletter and subscribe
Markets Covered: ES, YM, NQ, CL, GC, 6E
- 3 Markets.
- 5 Setups.
- 117 Ticks
- NQ: 66 Ticks
- YM: 31 Ticks (7/24)
- ES: 20 Ticks (12/8)
- Trend #2
- Overall trend of the day: FLAT
- Fib projections levels hit:
- DOWNSIDE: YM
- UPSIDE: NQ
Full Session Chart
- NQ; 2 contract run up on 9/10 probability of TREND momentum to the GLOBEX high.
- ES: Scalp on first setup with 10/10 probability of TREND momentum. Scalp on setup #2 for 1 point up at midnight open.
RTH Closing Charts
- ABOVE Average:
- BELOW Average: YM/NQ/ES
- Price above 50/200 moving averages on all 3 indices
- 4 hour Big Pic: UPTREND
- T3 Moving Averages:
- NQ: UPTREND Pullback
- YM: UPTREND Pullback
- ES: UPTREND Pullback
- T3-50: ALL 3 Above
- T3 Moving Averages:
Top Row: Daily chart with supporting 50/200ma and volume based on a 60 day moving average
Bottom Row: 4 hour chart. T3 moving averages. 50/144ema.
- Remain below on indices
- Above/below on Crude
- No gaps closed out today