Looking at the week behind 1 day @ a time…..
Good trading is always going back over the trading WEEK and reviewing the setups that may or may not have worked out and what kept you in or perhaps took you out too early. Looking for the trend move and remaining in the trade is the objective. It’s your patience and discipline that will continue to grow as a trader when you implement such tools.
Weekly Total: 24 setups; 635 Ticks NET ( NQ: 377 | ES: 109 | YM: 149)
- YM, ES, NQ (RTH)
Additional Focus in Video Outlook/Recaps
- CL, 6E. GC, ZS
- Market Cap Leaders
- FX Pairs
- S&P Case-Schiller: POSITIVE/FLAT (YoY); NEGATIVE (MoM)
- New Home Sales: POSITIVE
- Consumer Confidence: NEGATIVE
- State Street Investor Confidence: NEGATIVE
- MBA Mortgage Applications: NEGATIVE
- Durable Goods: NEGATIVE
- Pending Home Sales: POSITIVE
- EIA: INCREASE in INVENTORY
- FOMC: UNCHANGED (near term risks diminished)
- Int’l trade: NEGATIVE
- Jobless Claims: NEGATIVE (increased)
- BOJ Monetary: ETF STIMULUS – NO QE
- GDP: FLAT
- Consumer Sentiment: FLAT
Chart of the Week
Looking for the chart of the week means looking for what I call the Golden Setup or simply which chart had the highest probability of price action running in TREND. Whether it ran 20 or 100 ticks, it’s the patience to wait for that setup and trust the entry. This is what I strive each day in the market to wait for in each of my setups.
- While this setup was premarket, great example of how using the higher time frames, with ALL 5 charts in the GREEN and price action above the 50/144ema and T3-50ema, higher probability of continued momentum was greater.
- If a runner on strategy is not your style of trading, even with an in/out approach can be profitable with the T3 setup. Yes, more setups but just a different approach with the same strategy in a choppy market.
Daily Recap/Outlook Videos:
- NQ: 41 Ticks (11/22/8)
- YM: 23 Ticks
- ES: 11 Ticks
- NQ: 193 Ticks (46/146)
- YM: 54 Ticks
- ES: 26 Ticks
- NQ: 48 Ticks (24/24)
- YM: 24 Ticks
- ES: 36 Ticks (12/12/12)
- NQ: 48 Ticks (24/24)
- YM: 48 Ticks (24/24)
- NQ: 96 Ticks (24×4)
- YM: 48 Ticks (24×2)
- ES: 36 Ticks (12×3)
Each week I review the current technical trend in the following markets in my weekend Futures, ETF’s & Market Cap Leaders post and Newsletter.
Futures: ES, YM, TF, NQ, CL, GC, 6E
ETF Futures: SPY, DIA, IWM, QQQ, FXE, GLD, USO, EEM, TLT
Market Cap Leaders: AAPL, AMZN, SBUX, GOOG, FB, NFLX
Key Indices: SPX, DXY, XAU, XOI
Industrial’s: IYJ, IYT, XLB, XLE, XLF, XLK, XLP, XLU, XLV
FX Pairs: AUD/USD, EUR/USD, GBPUSD, USD/CAD, USD/CHF, USD/JPY
Total Stock Market: IYY, VTI, SCHB
Jason Kelly Index Tier: IJR, MVV
One Simple Strategy. ANY market. ANY chart. ANY time frame.
e-Manual available on teaching this trading strategy and live trading room/screenshare