Looking at the week behind 1 day @ a time…..
Good trading is always going back over the trading day and reviewing the setups that may or may not have worked out and what kept you in or perhaps took you out too early. Looking for the trend move and remaining in the trade is the objective. It’s your patience and discipline that will continue to grow as a trader when you implement such tools.
Market Traded: YM, ES, NQ (RTH)
Weekly Total: 18 setups; 602 Ticks NET ( NQ: 403 | ES: 54 | YM: 145 )
Markets Covered: ES, YM, NQ, CL, GC, 6E
- 3 markets.
- 7 setups.
- 229 Ticks
- NQ: 149 Ticks (11/76/62)
- ES: 54 Ticks (12/42)
- YM: 26 Ticks (12/14 )
- Trend #2/Setup #1
- US open TREND session predictor: LONG
- YM/ES/NQ follow through to the LONG to the fib projection level
- Overall trend of the day ended being LONG
- 4 hour Fib extension hit on NQ
- 4 hour Big Pic remains in an uptrend
- Technical Momentum 50/144ema chart as seen below on a 3m time frame as an additional key tool to keep you focused on where price action is favored in continuing. 1m chart which is the norm is easily cut out of any noise by increasing the time frame to keep you in the TREND.
Full Session Chart
With ALL green the color for the session and all in trend, decision to remain out of the PM session as price continued to move upside towards 4 hour fib extension levels on the YM and ES. NQ was already hit in the AM session. With all charts in sync, why sit out? Price action slowed down considerably that the range bars were barely moving within an hour time frame. With PM session at a turtle pace until the 45m before bond market close, didn’t want to return AM gains for PM pace. As in any other session, just looking for a piece of the pie in trend.
- Pre-Market – NFP release
- Market Internal 50/144ema chart ALL in the UPTREND for the AM session
- Continuation of Trend #2 to the upside.
- Post NFP release
- AM session RECAP
- NQ focused setups on the left with higher time frames on the right.
RTH Closing Charts
- Above Average: ES/YM
- Below Average: NQ
- Four hour TREND – Upward trend and strong uptrend upside
- Price above 50/200 on ES/YM/NQ
- Open gaps above and below
- YM/ES/NQ close out upside gap
- YM/ES/NQ form new open gap from Thursday close
Top Row: Daily chart with supporting 50/200ma and volume based on a 60 day moving average
Bottom Row: 4 hour chart. T3 moving averages. 50/144ema.