Looking at the week behind 1 day @ a time…..
Good trading is always going back over the trading day and reviewing the setups that may or may not have worked out and what kept you in or perhaps took you out too early. Looking for the trend move and remaining in the trade is the objective. It’s your patience and discipline that will continue to grow as a trader when you implement such tools.
Market Traded: YM, ES, NQ (RTH)
Weekly Total: 6 setups; 259 Ticks NET ( NQ: 211 | ES: 0 | YM: 48 )
Markets Covered: ES, YM, NQ, CL, GC, 6E
Additional Focus: AAPL, GOOG, NFLX, SBUX, FB, AMZN, NSA
- 1 market.
- 1 setup.
- 118 Ticks
- NQ: 118 Ticks
- Trend #3/Setup #1
- US open TREND session predictor: SHORT.
- YM and ES follow through to the short to the fib projection level
- Overall trend of the day ended being LONG.
- Fib projections levels ALL hit upside and ES/YM downside
- 4 hour Big Pic pulls back to the 50/144ema and finds support back upside
- With the success of the TREND projection based on the open above or below the mid-point of the London session, surely the first setup to the short was looking good, however price volatility managed to not only go GREEN but turn a 180 and back down as seen on the chart below.
- With the AM session volatility on the NQ, it was all about waiting for the highest probability setup. Once ALL 5 charts were in sync above the T3-50, it was all upside and never looked back. That’s patience for you. Though I do commend the fellow Jedi traders who managed to reel in the ticks on the first 3 sweeping moves – KUDOS!
- High probability entry on the NQ with ALL 5 charts in sync.
RTH Closing Charts
- Volume above average
- Four hour TREND – Upward trend on ES/YM with PB on all 3 to the 50/144ema and back up.
- Price on Daily 50/200ma Above 50/200 on ALL 3 indices.
- Open gaps above and below
- YM/ES close out upside gap
Top Row: Daily chart with supporting 50/200ma and volume based on a 60 day moving average
Bottom Row: 4 hour chart. T3 moving averages. 50/144ema.